Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 06, 2024

Gave thanks once in awhile

  

I bought the cameras I bought the computers I used the cameras and computers and filled them with photos I took photos of my children and our friends and our homes and our art gallery and our cars and our vacations and our work and our play I made music and recorded my music on sound equipment I bought I stored the recordings on the computers and the hard drives I bought I recorded live concerts in which I performed I recorded at home on my violin and mandolin which I bought I recorded after creating electronic music on computer software that I purchased and learned to use I wrote poems and operated a blog on the computers I bought and owned I filled the hard drives external hard drives internal hard drives both with hundreds of poems I had created for dozens of years poems from Oklahoma and Kansas and Maui and Klickitat County when my first daughter was born I wrote and printed poems on printers I purchased connected to computers I bought and maintained I bought the ink for the printers I bought cartridges and photo paper and adhesive to create artwork out of art and made manuscripts of poetry as I wrote poems every week I documented business invoices from my art business I made jewelry as a main source of income for twenty years I sold a few hundred thousand dollars of handmade jewelry I sold it myself or I sold it to stores who doubled my price I photoed a fraction of the jewelry I created and sold I made thousands of earrings thousands of rings I made hundreds and hundreds of bracelets and necklaces from fine silver and sterling silver that I purchased I purchased pounds and pounds of silver wire I purchased jewelry making tools and bead making tools I made my own glass beads and used them in my jewelry I drilled holes in found recycled glass I traveled thousands of miles to collect the beach glass along the west coast of America and Hawaii I bought tools to drill the tens of thousands of beads I created for over 20 years I bought dozens and dozens of display items to sell my jewelry at a public market that has a million visitors a year from all around the world I photoed my business and the market there and my friends and the public at the market and stored the photos on external hard drives and made compact disc copies of the photos I took I went to art festivals with my jewelry I got admitted to sell using photos of my jewelry I sold I paid the festivals to vend my jewelry i made all the jewelry I photoed the artwork my father made I photoed his paintings and his studio and his home where I lived 19 years and was raised in I photoed my children and their artwork and the homes they were raised in I photoed their mothers and their artwork they created and sold and the homes which we bought and built and lived and fed and bathed and slept and paid taxes and hosted friends and music and shared food that I bought I sold food and created food products from that food I made salsa and sold it to a store I photoed my mother being a grandmother and living a single life creating and selling her bread at several stores she bought my family clothes and tools and food and vacations with their motel views of the ocean I stored the photos I made sound recordings of the ocean and my children playing and my children singing and of our horses and dogs running I stored the photos on hard drives external and internal and I rented storage units and I rented homes to store the stored photos and the recordings and the music and the records and the documents and I bought it or was given it and I shared it with my family 






No comments: