Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 06, 2020

Justuce Sic Needs Education, Chief Reese's Peaces Usual Suspects


Deja Vu, Kenneth Kreusher (gitmo lawyer)  Elizabeth Nichols, moments before she is assaulted point blank by Pepper Spray, makes Eye contact with me, as we'd just been side by side moments before. I fled, she did not --------All Photos Copyright Forest L. Bloodgood 2011, 2020


"Dramatic Portland Pepper Spray Photo Was a Total Accident

"It's another one of those images that galvanizes activists, embarrasses police, and makes competing photographers seethe with jealousy, and Portland Oregonian shooter Randy L. Rasmussen didn't even know he had taken it."

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/11/dramatic-portland-pepper-spray-photo-was-total-accident/335283/


ADAM MARTIN
NOVEMBER 18, 2011

"It's another one of those images that galvanizes activists, embarrasses police, and makes competing photographers seethe with jealousy, and Portland Oregonian shooter Randy L. Rasmussen didn't even know he had taken it.

The photo of a young woman protester getting hit in her open mouth, point-blank, with a torrent of pepper spray as riot cops pushed back protesters in Portland during Thursday's Day of Action has exploded on Twitter, blogs, and trade sites since The Oregonian posted it Thursday evening. But in the confusion and impending darkness on Thursday evening, Rasmussen was shooting blind. He said he didn't see the photo until his editor did, as they went through the day's frames together that night."

"Update (5 p.m. EST): The woman in the photo is 20-year-old Elizabeth Nichols, her mother wrote in to say. Check below for more.

With protesters taking over a Chase Bank lobby toward the end of the business day in downtown Portland, Rasmussen said the scene descended into chaos and confusion as mounted police and riot cops descended on them, a line of armored officers pushing the protesters down the street. He jumped on a raised corner of the intersection and began shooting everything around him. "

""I was just shooting everything that came to my attention because it was happening in like a 270 degree panorama below me. They had the horses moving into the crowd and I saw people falling down," he said. "This is all happening so fast that I'm not seeing what I'm shooting. It's getting dark so I crank the ISO up on my camera and at that point the camera's seeing more than I am." Someone yelled "oh man, they're pepper spraying," and right then, Rasmussen's camera battery died. "I have another battery and I swap them out, and at that point it's all over."

Rasmussen sent his camera back to the office with a colleague, not knowing what it contained. Later, he said, "I was standing behind one of the photo editors while he was going through my take and he just let out this whoop, and there was that frame of the protester getting hit in the face." They put the image online immediately, and it immediately grabbed the Internet's attention."

The Famous photo, here:







Bloggod Chase Bank Occupy Protests Nov 17, 2011




I still got your back Chief. An Injury to One is An Injury to All.


No comments: