Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

i make love (1997)

the wisps of hair about your face
last night, in noisy city rumble,
lent strength to drink your gaze
&face the graceful presence; today
a storm rushed thru my debris,
sweeping it out amongst
boisterous waiters, solstice revelers,
empowering vulnerability
a crab smashed on rocky winds
softened in knowing certainty
that spinners working the loom
thread nimble fingers
running aorta's sunlight into some
future, i with a daughter surreal
&you with looks
my ear disconnects for, briefly,
painting mandolin music
across infernal politics

*

shivering looks
of refined depth,
etched in the oceanglass
i wear as a necklace about my mind,
it rests on pendulums of patience
i clearly gnaw
hours of eternity awaiting your nod
to dance slowly along
to no music save swish of oak& pine
whose roots imitate yer strands of hair
in that they hold my soil
from boiling to dust
in aftermath of betrayal, in deserts
of love's long dry cry

*

to kiss the moment
along your lips
as your name feels in me, 
now, to hold you
to let you know
i'm down to earth,
knee& knuckle
to stroll apelike& peel 
the clouds
     ----radial rainbows
          encircle the sky

*

i gleaned from ocean her relics
of debris, i raised this jewelry to crown
my skull in diplomas, i gave audience
until the auditorium belched flames
feeding papers a cement bed
for a foundation, i was a seed
of light before i knew what
was happening, i owned no thoughts
before immersed in love,
branched to bear a child& 
hold true to support
life joy spurt

*

nuances creating solid
my make-believe bridge rumble 
with traffic of once prosperous 
Poempeii, citizens fleeing in any old craft
available, atop any beast 
sturdy enough, ash falling over head
reminds me quit breathing
&feel lucky to not have given away
my silver suit my long book 
up to the crater in honor of beauty
this i gather from the advance of
lava signature clean thru 
the terrain wreck of squandered
stances

*

whispers blew me into your mouth
tidal boom of touch
that extends her jetty out into infinite swirls
of amazement when you relax
knowing i don't want in your pants,
then breathing lightens to a diesel roar
&blood earns its keep
lugging oxygen around, 
thru riotous interminglings of silence
& experience within moats
of omniscient eyelids

*

i make love with my eyes
because i wish to be seen through, i

make love with my tongue 
because  i wish to be heard, i 

make love with touch 
cuz i wanna wanna wanna, 

i make love
with my food cuz i wanna get devoured,

i make love in my music cuz the ear
is the best orifice, i

make love in the street 
because the trees
are all felled& sent to feed
the mills of japan

*

1997 swale canyon
portland


No comments: