Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 01, 2018

beat oklahoma made klickitat



Babbs currently lives on his farm in Dexter, Oregon (near Kesey’s house) with his wife Eileen, an English teacher at South Eugene High School. In 1994, he helped Kesey co-write The Last Go Round, about the oldest and largest rodeos in America.

_________

I got my own bus for $400, a 1976 International, lived in the driveway on Glisan street for a couple months with my baby Surreal and her mom: the home on Glisan st with Jim Boyer, Bingo, and four other artists. Moved that bus to off grid 80 acre freedom, for nearly a decade.

When I went to his annual party a couple years back, the Dead were having their show, so
the usual hordes weren't in the Eugene area. I played fiddle with my buddies and Simon
Babbs who'd invited us down.

  We rode down there in style; cray ass Don in his big truck.  Another brother Babbs stuffed
in the  pickup, giving all kinds of stories I won't go into in further detail.  The party was fun,
if not as wild as I'd hoped. I got to play lots of music, slept in a hammock, as the field hosted
dozens of car campers.
   
Rodeo?


No comments: