Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Laurelthirst, Michael Hurley (forest bloodgood 2010. tea song.

"The Preacher and the Slave" is a song written by Joe Hill in 1911. It was written as a parody of the hymn "In the Sweet By-and-By". The Industrial Workers of the World (commonly known as the Wobblies) concentrated much of its labor trying to organize migrant workers in lumber and construction camps. When the workers returned to the cities, the Wobblies faced the Salvation Army (which they satirized as the "Starvation Army").[1] Hill had first encountered the Salvation Army in Sweden when he was a child.[2]

Several songs were written parodying the Salvation Army's hymns, "The Preacher and the Slave" being the most successful. In this song, Joe Hill coined the phrase "pie in the sky."[3] The song is often referred to as "Pie in the Sky", or as "Long Haired Preachers" (which was its original title).[4] It was first published in the 4th edition of the Little Red Songbook in 1911.[forest, isis, surreal 
 Jon Neufeld the bumpkin fingerpicker swilling avast, David Reisch on bass, Snock. years ago, Laurelthirst



Laurelthirst, Michael Hurley (forest bloodgood  2010
lewi longmire, david reisch. anna shelton

1. Since I Met You Baby
2. The Portland Water
3. "mermaids on the reef and they're calling me/ moon flower"
     no idea what song this is. snock never tells us before. no set list wham
kinda nice.
4. The Rue of Ruby Whores
5. http://www.landoflofi.com/folks/devendra-banhart.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM9JgfObeUw
6. I Got No Place to Go (title, author unknown)
7.  Cars, Jars, Guitars ( nailing that fiddle, Forest
8. The Revenant
9. ? "you tear the soul from me/ each time you leave/i want to live so i forgive every time you leave."
10. Eldorado      (edgar allen poe)
11. Can't Help Myself
12. The Bear
13. Have I told You Lately I love You
14. Wildegeeeses
15. Go Easy Mabel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJrhkxAH0os

16. Tea Song. Blue Hills vinyl.
17. blue dreamer/?/  who fucking knows. big guessaroo.
18. knocandoo no can do.
19. Great Grandfather (when the Land was young/   
                          picked his teeth with a hunting knife)
20. Grand Canyon Line
21. Never Get to Heaven but I never Missed a Turn
22. Meara O Reilley (pretty as the day u Wereborn)
23. I Paint a Design ( dave: we got a tip jar/whaddya want for nothing jesus
24.  O My Stars
25. Long Haired Preachers (Joe Hill)
26 Lewi outtro: TABLE OF VALUE! TABLE OF VALUE!

wobbly song, so scary.




@    &      *      !       %     #   
"And now I see the wind
Blowin' from Northwest
I hear them Honkers again
On their rambling quest

Over Lord's Valley I roll like a ball
And in the wind I hear them call
Wild goose, loose goose, I count them all

Yonder stepping that ol' lighten-walkin' wolf
Hungry as always
Long legs and long ears and tail
And a long, long will

I had no goose and I tried to keep her
And she awake and I'm the sleeper
She flew away left me the weeper

But there ain't no chills cold wind
Blowin' through our love nest
I feel your heart beat again
In the Wilderness

I had no goose and I tried to claim her
It's only in the wildness, can you name her
It's only in the wildness, can you tame her"
_________________

"Lyrics (w. nelson)
Since I met you baby
My whole life has changed
Since I met you baby
My whole life has changed
And everybody tells me that I am not the same
I don't need nobody
To tell my troubles to
I don't need nobody
To tell my troubles to
'Cause since I met you baby, all I need is you
Since I met you baby
I'm a happy man
Since I met you baby
I'm a happy man
I'm gonna try to please you in every way I can
Songwriters: Ivory Joe Hunter"

No comments: