Total Pageviews

Friday, March 15, 2024

Counting coup on fingers two (2006)

  

see me at my best, see me at my worst

whats to come if i've a choice will surely be a first


no need repeatin, nor lame retreatin

countin' coup is like gum on a shoe we all take beatin


and stuck underfoot's the trail of tears

of miles that shred and rivers fed of salty grindin gears


that focus gaze upon the grail

rollin earth, sky of peace, and bonds beyond bail


for at my least i'm a cultured beast

upon his story we verily feast


indentured to rhyme for this brief time,

enslaved to form to serve the norm which is a legal crime


even at my peak an even keel and a fairish deal

shall hull this craft beyond repeal


to venture seize, touch the base, plant flags of poems

and hatch the artifice beneath the dome

No comments: