Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 10, 2023

Tatterdemalion tantra

 "Clothes: Their Origin and Influence" 


Diogenes Teufelsdröckh 


 I'll give you the shirt off the back of my closet of my closest houseboat floating in my lake in my private idaho in my geneva on my continental drift toward my dinosaur egg unfeathered under my microscope on my insistence persistence lists 

Sleeves without collars without stitching without seamstress witching without thimbles without blood pricks the lack of conscience trumplestiltskin potemkin 

Dungarees all guano all guapo all batbelt all panting all pockets all tailored all hole all shredded all khaki malarkey inside gout

Shoes too booted too mother Hubbard for ray Wylie coyote too laced too runner too long distance party lined with ermines to high hell heeled in moccasins too loafered 

Tatterdemalion vagabond icon scaramoosh scarecrow hayseed reflection ropebelt unravelling burlap overlaps patching rainbow diffusion


I'll sell you your skin of your husk of your material lust of your eyelids you're hoarding 

We'll ball cap our beanies our fedora non sequitur our berets turrets our cattlehat carpetbag visors 

Belt out the scarfing they'll be fasionate barfing till we fit in the fluffing and watch the wrist with ticks molting 

Better than nekkid our necks turtle armored in windbreaker farting a parka departing repartee toupee 


Just let be bee honey  



(Sartor Resartus" is usually translated as "The Tailor Re-tailored"; it has also been rendered as "The Tailor Repatched", "The Tailor Patched", "The Clothes Volume Edited", and as "The Tailor Made Whole Again"


There is a song called "The Taylor Done Over"






No comments: