Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 25, 2023

Dahl, Francis Bacon

 "I’ve warned my publishers that if they later on so much as change a single comma in one of my books, they will never see another word from me.  

Never! Ever!” he said.


With his typically evocative language, he added:  

“When I am gone, if that happens, then I’ll wish mighty Thor knocks very hard on their heads with his Mjolnir.


 https://www.theguardian.com/books/2023/feb/25/roald-dahl-threatened-publisher-with-enormous-crocodile-if-they-changed-his-words 


"it was also the weekend when Francis Bacon was amazed to discover Dahl was one of his earliest collectors, at a time when the artist was still struggling in the 1940s and 50s:  


“The surprised painter noted in a soft earnest voice, looking straight at the writer, ‘I knew there was someone out there buying my early pieces, but I had no idea it was you.’  

____ 



No comments: