Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 04, 2018

squared circles



Guilt caught up on me in dream
This morning I think upon reflection
Eloquent slow saturday pillow wrestling
I was escaping a cougar
Who walked toward me in the dusk
I went up a chain link fence
And got stuck on the sharp top ends
That's when I awoke
Another piece of dream I was at a counter
And a weird glass box had a spinning
Bottom with some tidbit twirling
In square circles
I opened a door to get the sample
But it was bait and my index finger
Was trapped on a magnetic gravity pad
I pulled hard as I could
To no avail summoned my strength
Got free and awoke the previous
Pillow over square ear having 
Masked windows all day for painting
Up on the treacherous ladders
Perched over cougar teeth
Accidents none love
Didn't happen, my lucky devil stars
Smiling down on Saturday ruminations
With the ever pleasant voice
Of my cousin, letting me know
Moms better last night tied one in
After work with klob
Sitting downtown sidewalk sipping
Puddle hoppers as street kids busked
My fumaroles soul venting
To clear the depression layers that river
Couldn't cleanse went by bus home
Put on a white sheer tanktop
And head bandana and lo behold
It's karate kid on TV at the honky tonk
Wax on paint that fenced horizon
Jazz band leads dreams to peel like
Slum landlord siding
Got a job offer to stain a food cart deck
Floor for plates if Thai hell yeah
Maybe I'll be fired today
Maybe I'll go back to uneasy sleep
Where feelings shape imagination sharp
Offering grabs at icarus pints dripping
Off her wings too near sun
That's the mission

No comments: